February 6, 2014 1 Comment
Take a walk through Autodesk Exchange and see the most popular apps for under $50 in action. In this blog post, we present a top ten list of free, paid, and Autodesk apps that are sure to help any Revit user eliminate repetitive design tasks as well as create higher quality designs.
From condensed versions of large scale programs architects and designers use every day, to blank canvases to scratch ideas down onto, you might just find an app that could improve the way you work and start boosting your productivity.
- Palladio X BIM WindowsLayout – This free app lets you arrange windows by optimizing active view screen space and save and restore window configurations
- Topo from Lines - Boost Your BIM created this free app that includes the following features: create topographic surfaces from model lines and CAD imports and update topo surfaces on model line changes.
- Schedule Sync - BIMCODER, Inc. created this free app that lets you export Revit schedule data to Excel as well as, import Excel schedules and automatically update the model
- BIMobject - With this free app, you can browse and download manufacturer content directly from Revit and you have direct access to detailed object information
- COINS Parameter Report - For $4.99 you can quickly view, sort, copy and edit element parameters, remove duplicate element marks, export parameter information to Excel and quickly create temporary and permanent views focused on selected elements
- Text Case Tools - For $4.99, Joe Sferrazza brings you this app which lets you check elements in the model for compliance and convert text to all uppercase or lowercase letters and convert selected text notes, levels and rooms to uppercase, lowercase, title case or sentence case.
- RTV Xporter - For $9.99, you have features including: automate creation of PDF, DWG, DWF, DWFx, DXF and IFC files, memorize sheet/view sets, name files to match team or company conventions, batch print to two separate printers simultaneously
- Egan View Name by Sheet Number - For $20 you get: comprehensive view naming system, views added to sheet are automatically renamed to Sheet Number_Detail Number_Title on Sheet (e.g. A1.2_3_RoofDetail), views removes from a sheet regain their original name, batch update for existing projects
- Rushforth Tools for Revit - The most expensive app on the list is priced at $49.99, which includes features like: filter elements on parameter values, find/replace values in parameters, automate creation of project shared parameters, Excel link and more, raytrace move and create tools, automatic sheet and view creation, automatic space and zone creation, circuit tools and much more
To learn more about these apps, or explore ones that didn’t make the list, visit the Autodesk Revit App Store: http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Home/Index.